Re: [LUG] Native linux image creation software

Simon Williams wrote:

Hi all.

Does anyone know of any good native Linux image creation software? Needs to be open source really.

I have Corel 8, which is excellent, but I can't get it to work under wine (always crashes), and if I do it's probably going to be slow.

I have Corel 9 for Linux, but I can't get it to work (damn binaries- glibc version is wrong probably), and as it's only using wine libs it probably will be too slow anyway.

You could try dia as thats a good shape / diagram drawing too.

Paul

I know there is the gimp, and it's amazing, but it's only for manipulating existing images. It lacks the ability to draw shapes and text, among other things. Thinking about it, a gimp plugin for these tools would be the most sensible and efficient way of doing it- maybe someone's already done this?

Thanks in advance
Simon

-

http://www.zleap.net