Re: [LUG] Demon Internet

Adrian Midgley wrote:
The managing directors and chief execs are generally (universally, except in companies about to fold) interested in the service provided and their customers. Questions or suggestions that trickle down from their office tend to receive attention.
I recently had to complain to the NHS Trust locally that their contractor for wheelchair repair wasn't doing the job (4 months for a new wheelchair back?). I also wrote to the managing director of the company involved and it was sorted. Probably didn't hurt that I involved my MP, local Welsh Assembly member, the Welsh Health Secretary *and* the Shadow Health Secretary. However as a result I spoke at least three times to a senior manager who had been told to personally sort it out. Sorted inside three weeks once the letters started flowing :)

Different problem of course, but the moral is: Hit them with the biggest guns at your disposal. As a rule I've found that *smelly stuff* obeys gravity, and the higher you throw it the harder it lands on the target. (As an aside, Rob you might try this with Eclipse). Companies are allergic to politicians and as soon as they see correspondence "cced to xxxx MP" they panic and will do anything to avoid the bad publicity and aggravation.

Also going back to Adrian's point, I suppose another factor is that if they are a contractor the Managing Director will want to *keep* said contract and he will bend ears until the problem is sorted.

Kind regards,

Julian