Re: [LUG] [OT]: Moving to Cornwall

Aaron Trevena wrote:

Having recently spent time working in the South Hams and Dartmoor I
can safely say that cornwall has a lot less (noticable) weekend
farmers and ex-bankers barging through narrow country lanes in their
over-sized, neatly polished,
never-been-further-on-a-muddy-track-than-the-trendy-organic-farmshop
chelsea tractors.

We get some of that around here, especially near the posher parts of the coast, known as Chelsea on Sea. The real problem here is retired, near senile, partialy sighted old farts who creep along weverywhere at no more than 40mph.

Also cornwall is a bit less twee and certainly more down to earth than
the obnoxiously wealthy bits of devon that are worth going to (the
rest being bloody awful places like Plymouth and Torquay).

Down to earth suits me just fine.

Devon's only redeeming features are the bits of Dartmoor without
ex-banker arseholes and Totnes/Dart Valley which have a sufficient
number of genuine hippies to make them bearable despite the merchant
bankers.

Despite what you say about ex-bankers I do hope one of them fancies a little hideaway in Norfolk and pays me a nice wad of dosh for my gaff ;-) Then I can bugger off to Cornwall.

Ian

-