Re: [LUG] household names that use GNU/Linux

On Thursday 27 April 2006 20:23, Tom Brough wrote:
> I want to try to prove that everybody who uses a computer connected to
> the internet (proprietary or not) has some contact with free software.

Many, many ISP's use Freeradius, Ciston, or one of the many other open source
RADIUS servers out there.  Certianly in the UK, i know of (off the top of my
head) around 15.

ISP's mail platforms are almost totally based on open source products too,
nearly all those i have worked for or know use exim or qmail with cyrus or
courrier.

I only know of 1 ISP in the UK who does not use an open source DNS server.

A fairly large handful of companies use zebra or quagga too for routing [1].

Almost all SSL implementations in the UNIX world are based on OpenSSL.  I'm
surethere are others, but i've never seen any or any commercial products that
use them.

 ~ Theo

1 - That's not to say i'd agree with it's merits.

--
http://crazygreek.co.uk/
theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-