Re: [LUG] IPCOP & BIND

Gary wrote:

Yes I fully agree that they should move the DNS service elsewhere - in my
opinion to a pc sat behind the firewall pc (IPCOP if they must) with the
same drop in IP config, but with port 53 (DNS) forwarded to the internal DNS
machine ... I've said this to them until I'm blue in the face!!! But exercising political muscle when you have none (even though you may have
technical muscle); it's nigh on impossible to do! If management want, they
normally get and don't care about any details outside THEIR outline & spec.

Gary,

If you have to have a single box solution take a look at SME Server (contribs.org). I haven't used it for a couple of releases but it is designed to do everything, including firewall and DNS. I've never used the firewall component so I don't know how sophisticated it is.

Cheers,

Pete

-