[LUG] Mplayer/ Xine .mp4 audio support

I have installed Mandrake 2006 recently and have noticed that mplayer
and xine while able to play mp4 video files don't have support for the
audio codec part.

Going onto the Mplayer site they have ready compiled binaries for suse
and source & links to codecs but I can't seem to find the codecs for
this file.

Do I actually need to uninstall the supplied Mandrake rpms and install
Mplayer & Xine from source to enable support for mp4 or could I just
find the codec somewhere and enable support ?

I would prefer to just find a way to add support if possible.
I normally back up media files to Divx then convert to mp4 for playback
on memory cards. A film therefore takes only 90 to 150 MB at an
acceptable PDA resolution of 320x240 in 16 bit stereo.

Ray

-