Re: [LUG] no0bie issues.

On Sunday 16 April 2006 12:00 pm, Daniel Robinson wrote:
> OK - yum, and the HDD are fixed, i still have a problem with my monitor,
> this document below is xorg.conf.

Use xorgconfig to find a replacement VertRefresh range - don't just edit it
manually because you may end up without any usable X configuration.

(If you do edit it, at least keep this file as a backup so that if you get
dumped out to a console you can replace the file and restart with startx as
the normal user.)

Don't necessarily let xorgconfig write the new file, just go through the
options and see what values are offered for the combination of existing
settings.

Read the manpage first - it's been a while since I've used xorgconfig or it's
predecessor xf86config.

--

Neil Williams