Re: Fwd: Re: [LUG] sata woes

Rob Beard wrote:

> Steve, how much are you planning on spending, and are you planning on
> building the system yourself from parts or would you prefer a pre-built
> system?

My normal mode is to ring my man, he specs and assembles the box.

I'd prefer someone to prebuild it, but I want to be able to come back
to them in times of woe.

My noral harware man lives 10 minutes away and if something fails, I
just get in the car.

It's all well and good getting something from Dell, but you have to
wait days for a pickup to be aranged, etc etc and I can't afford to be
without a machine for that long.

I's happily spend 3 - 400 quid and build it myself, assuming it's just
like a jigsaw. I just don't know what to buy and whether or not I need
to order little interconnectors and things.

Steve

PS I'm in North Devon