Re: [LUG] krdc

aaron Moore wrote:

>My remote desktopping is still a bit hit and miss.  All machines have vnc running.
>Could it be something to do with firewalls? and if so what do I need to change?

I think we need a bit more information. How is your network setup? What
VNC software are you using? What OS? What error do you get when things fail?

First thing I would try is running the vncserver and client on the same
box.
Start the vncserver from the command line. This fires up a whole new
session with its own X display (probably host:1) and should start a
window manager etc. You can check what it is doing in the log file.
netstat -taupm should should a Xvnc process listening on port 5901.
Start a vnc client, kdrc or the one that came with the server and
connect to host:1.

Hope this helps,

Pete