Re: [LUG] If "Boot Camp" switches windows users to Macs then ....

Tom Brough wrote:

> Will we all end up being GNU/ Linux users on Apple hardware ?
>
> Or is that a step too far ?

40% of the Apple owners I know run exclusively free software on the
hardware already.

Guess we better start talking about the MacOS tax ;)

Apple hardware is pretty bog standard, it looks good and they don't
skimp on design and testing, but what you are paying for is proper
integration (and the development of MacOS), the parts themselves aren't
anything special.

What GNU/Linux does want is more laptop vendors supplying good support.