[LUG] Mandriva2006

I have a brand new computer and I am trying to install Mandriva2006, without sucess. My computer has been built for me by the local computer shop.

I have never had any problems before with Mandrake/Mandriva. Now I get the message Fatal error finishing initialization. It cannot complete the search for all components.

I am wondering if it is having problems with the Asrock motherboard. Anyway I am wondering if there are any known problems with Mandriva2006. Any info gladly received. I do not want to be forced to go back to that other system after all these years.

Of course, it could be a faulty DVD, however the box came with both 32bit and 64bit versions and they both fail. Any help out there???

TIA

Neil Winchurst