Re: [LUG] BST instead of GMT

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 11:02 am, Philip Radford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know how I can set my ded. server to show time as BST rather than
> GMT.

Check the locale. Which distro?

Debian would be:
# dpkg-reconfigure locales

Where are you seeing the wrong time?
Is ntp running?

> In the past I just did this :- but now to no avail...
>
> cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London /etc/localtime

brute force is seldom the best approach with things like this. There are
standard ways of detecting the timezone via the locale.

> I can only guess that this timezone does not reference any DST
> capabilities.

No, probably that this setting is being ignored because the rest of the system
is in the wrong locale.

More information needed.
Distro:
output of set | grep LANG
output of date
(on the affected machine and a working machine)

--

Neil Williams