Re: [LUG] mail filtering

On 22/03/06 07:40:47, Benjamin A'Lee wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 07:26 +0000, mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 21/03/06 22:32:24, Simon Waters wrote:
> > mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >
> > > I am using spamassassin which used two sendmail's to 'do it's
> > stuff'
> >
> > I'm soundly in the don't start from there camp on sendmail.
>
> I'm in the other camp!! :-)

I'd have to agree with Simon; I recently opened up an corrupted MS
Word
document in Vi to extract the text and it looked quite a lot like a
sendmail config file...

I'd recommend postfix since it's pretty simple to understand (even I
can
manage it).  I found exim to be a lot more complicated even for basic
setups. I've never used qmail or any of the others so I can't comment
on them.

Please, lets not get into a religious war, lets just assume that sendmail has to be used.

I think I am going to turn of port forwarding and use another port to do some testing, there has got to be a simple solution.

--
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\