Re: [LUG] mail filtering

On 21/03/06 22:32:24, Simon Waters wrote:
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am using spamassassin which used two sendmail's to 'do it's stuff'

I'm soundly in the don't start from there camp on sendmail.

I'm in the other camp!! :-)

> So I need to modify the incoming one to reject invalid users, which
> should solve the problem.

Sounds like a plan. Also make sure the second instance isn't
publically
visible, is that is some sort of internal mail passing, as we've seen
one too many open relays created by passing email to virus filters.

I always test to make sure, it's behind a firewall so that makes it a bit easier.

The problem I have at the moment is getting the user valiation to work, this has been in place for so long I have forgotten what I did <oops>!.

I have two domains (soon to be 3) so I used relay-domain to make it work, I think, but can't confirm, that it overrides everything else, I added stuff into virtusertable and when I removed the domain I got relaying denied.

So some how I need to allow relaying for my 2 doamins while doing checking. You would think that this is a simple setup and while google mentions it is passing it seems that the actual info is pretty think on the ground.

--
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\