[LUG] missing gthreadpackage / hiding desktop icons

Hi All,

Two questions:

1. Trying to install the mplayer plugin for Firefox. It's being a pain with dependencies and the current error says 'missing gthread package'. Where do I get it from please? I have Googled but all I can find are comments about other packages wanting it.

2. I use Xandros 3.0 OCE and for reasons only known to itself it installed differently on my laptop from the desktop. The problem is, on the laptop's desktop I have a load of icons for all my partitions which I do not want. I'm assuming they are symlinks as they have a green arrow in the bottom corner, similar to the Windows arrow on a desktop shortcut. I don't mind the removable media ones as they remind me I have a CD or USB stick in the machine. The fixed ones I want to get rid of. (As an aside the Home symlink seems to have died - any suggestions for ressurecting it?)

Kind regards,

Julian

PS Sorry about sending from the wrong account earlier Alex.