[LUG] Re: OT Re: Noisy phone lines

I like the water/ripple ananology for just starting out with the
physics of waves.  it's a good visual.  A subtle but definite
difference.  At first I wanted to argue your point but I found you to
be right :-)  I came across this good visual resource for the physics
behind waves.

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/waves/U10L1a.html