Re: [LUG] Debian pam-pgsql

Benjamin A'Lee wrote:

> PAM is a different matter.  When logging in as an /etc/passwd user I get
> "Connection closed by ..."; when logging in as a database user I get
> "Permission denied (publickey,password)."  "passwd" will prompt for a
> password as normal, then segfault.

Can you not debug using "login" rather than ssh, as ssh adds a whole
load of extra complexity (although it has good debug options). I'm
thinking it could be something other than just the authentication.

> Any suggestions?

Post /etc/pam_pgsql.conf (less secrets)

Post database layout, is password encrypted or clear, and if encrypted how.

I use the pgsql for email authentication only, so not that experienced,
but happy to try this out locally, I assume you are using "sid" or
"testing" if it is Postgres 8?