Re: [LUG] root password

If all it needs is another cdrom with Linux and the ability to boot to it, how does this compare to Windows and Windows 2003 as far as security is concerned.

Just wondered as I am sure there are people out there who are reading this and laughing at what seems to be a massive security flaw,

Ok you set the machine to boot from c: only etc, and set a bios password, but it is any easier to break into a Windows box if you forget your admin password on that.

In other words can I do something similar in Windows, to gain access to the entire system. I am not asking about hacking / cracking here, just a comparison to keep this thread from feeding the Anti Linux, windows is more secure, people out there.

Paul