Re: [LUG] Help!! they want to install Outlook!!!!!!!!!!!

This link:
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/16/1422209

Goes over some of the groupware alternatives pitted against Exchange.  The biggest challenge in my experience (We use Mdaemon - see zensoftware.co.uk) is getting a meeting scheduler that integrates with Outlook.  If it's just room reservations, each room can be given its own account with a shared editable folder.

Keep in mind, that most of these competitive groupware solutions still do charge, just not nearly as much (and no CAL).  The last I looked at Communigate it was a pretty nasty interface with a steep learning curve.  From a quick look at their site though, they have quite a bit vested in VOIP.