[LUG] Help!! they want to install Outlook!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Management at my place of work have been told by an "advisor" how wonderful it would be to have the school's calender, meeting scheduler etc. available to all running on outlook!!!! What are the alternatives? I'm hoping for something web-based, accessible from inside and outside the school hosted on our apache server that I have running on Mandrake 10.1 at present. I need to find some good alternatives soon or I'm going to get steamrollered down the mickey-mousetrosoft route :-(

Thanks
James