[LUG] Lost the hotplugability...

Hi all,

Debian Sid/Unstable running on stock Debian 2.6.11-1-k7 kernel.

I seem to have lost the ability for it to autodetect my hardware - anything, PCI or
USB.  I have had to add a bunch of modules to my /etc/modules file to get the
hardware detected, whereas it would previously (before several "apt-get update"s)
find all the PCI devices nicely, and then the USB ones later on.

I recall something being mentioned during one of the "apt-get update"s about having
to purge hotplug because udev was being installed; hotplug isn't installed on my
system anymore - I'm guessing it got removed at somepoint.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
Grant.

--
Unix:  Some say the learning curve is steep, but you only have to climb it once.