Re: [LUG] Debian Sarge: trying to remove gaim

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> -   How do I find out what other programs rely on libgpgme11: or how do
>     I configure it

You can use apt to find reverse depends for what it is worth.

I think your best bet is to remove the packages, install them again, and
then remove them.

dpkg --purge gaim
apt-get install gaim
apt-get remove gaim

You'll probably have to purge both at once, as apt won't work right till
you deal with these issues.

My thinking being, something is wrong with the install of gaim. So we
remove it. but then we add it back in to make sure it is okay, and that
the remove is consistent with everything else. Although I'm no guru on
this stuff.

Any idea how you got in this mess in the first place, as I've had these
kinds of issues with messing around between packages, installing
packages from the wrong version of Debian and the like. But never seen
it with Sarge itself - Sarge usually just works.

Wish I could say the same for Sid this evening... Hohum