Re: [LUG] What's happened to K3B?

On Monday 30 January 2006 5:11 pm, Julian Hall wrote:

Please send your key to subkeys.pgp.net

> I noticed some time ago that trying to reinstall K3B in Xandros I was
> getting 'broken package' errors, in fact I still am.  In the end I
> installed it from source.  However it still won't work as it complains
> it can't find growisofs when I click the Burn icon.

i.e. it is a broken package.
:-)

Packages don't just break in the archives, sometimes the source is broken.

> Any suggestions gratefully recieved as I'm currently stuck to burning
> disks in Windows.

mkisofs
cdrecord

Honestly, there are times when you simply don't NEED a gui! All these guis are
just wrappers around cdrecord and mkisofs. Use the real thing.

--

Neil Williams