[LUG] Re: Please Update your Members details

On Saturday 28 January 2006 1:10 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
> > As a compromise, we'll look at providing some information about members
> > (badges?, posters)
>
> Neil mentioned he would do some posters (I think he volunteered anyway)

In a curious coincidence, my Epson printer (which has worked faultlessly for
years) has finally rebelled against my paperless office by drying out the
print head.
:-(

Is there a decent fix for such things? (Epson Stylus Color 660).

I tried printing some business cards with the Debian swirl on them and the
swirl came out blushing pink instead of blood red. Cleaning via the normal
button process doesn't clear the problem.

> if people updated their details, and provided a photo of themselves, for
> the next meeting. I assume for those that make it clear they will be
> attending.

(Any member can print out the register pages for those members who are likely
to attend - maybe once the first meeting is done, people can just print their
own copy and bring it with them if there are changes to the details.)

I think we can trust each other not to fiddle with the site under someone
else's login so if there is an internet connection at the meeting, we can use
the online version via the login of the first member with a connection. The
folder of printed register entries would then be used at meetings without a
connection or where there is no computer in the "reception" area of the
meeting.

It would be a good idea to have one folder for each venue so - Paul, Mark - if
you wouldn't mind, could you print out the register entries of maybe 6 of the
"Most Wanted/Visible" members, including yourselves, and keep those in a file
at your venues?

--

Neil Williams