Re: [LUG] router problems

James Hallam (DarkCow) wrote:

If you can connect to your router's web configuration pages, then it's probably just a case of setting your default route to your router's IP, and adding some DNS servers.

Colin James wrote:

Ok I can connect to the router and router is connected to isp but I can't get on the net or check email etc. Any ideas what I need to do?

Odd question possibly Colin, but what order did you turn them on? I have a Netgear and I have to turn the cablemodem on *first*, then the router or I cannot get any internet access. It may be the same kind of thing with an ADSL modem.

Kind regards,

Julian