[LUG] OpenOffice columns/frames

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a text document in OO2 which has two columns. This is
straightforward enough, but the problem I'm having is that I don't want text
from the first column to flow into the second one - I want text from the
first column to flow into the first column on subsequent pages, and the text
from the second column to flow into the second column on subsequent pages. As
far as I can tell it isn't possible to do this.

I also tried doing the same thing using frames: I created the frames I wanted
and discovered how to link them so that the text flows as I want it to, but I
need a way to have the frames on every page without me having to manually
create them. I created a single page with the frames and saved it as a
template, thinking that this would do it for me, but apparently not - when I
create a new document based on the template, I get the frames on the first
page but not on any subsequent pages.

Googling and a search of the OO documentation has found nothing useful -
surely it can't be difficult to do....?

I'm open to using an alternative word processor if any make doing this easier
(with the exception of MS Word of course!).

David.

--
David Johnson
www.david-web.co.uk - My Personal Website