[LUG] Mutt and Smime

I am having problems getting Mutt to use smime, can anyone point me in
a (any!) direction

system: Debian Sarge

-   I have received an email signed by a Thawte user
-   I have downloaded the Thawte Certificates and have my own Thawte
    certificate.
-   I have downloaded Openssl
-   I have followed the commands laid out in
    http://www.equiraptor.com/smime_mutt_how-to.html

Problems

-   I receive the following error messages when viewing the email:

    Error Loading file ~/.smime/ca-bundle.crt

-   I cannot find my personal certificates in order to send smime

Many thanks