Re: [LUG] software cd's for oss / floss[Fwd: Re: [marketing-educ] BECTA Announces UK Schools IT Reviews]

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> I know a few of the group are working on cd's I spotted this on the
> marketing-educ mailing list and replied,  and this is the response
> well it includes my posting,  so it looks like some of the work will
> already be done, so perhaps this would be useful to us. and save
> people time if they are just starting out producing a similar cd.
>
> hope this helps
>
> Paul

<snip>

So they're working on an OpenOffice.org CD specificly for schools?

Might be worth downloading it and having a look I guess.

It would be good if we could get some input from some school teachers to
what they would use in school.  It didn't occur to me until this
evening, but two of my cousins are both teachers (Primary schools I
think).  I haven't spoken to them in 18 months, but I know one of them
also teaches IT.  They're not local (they're both in Sheffield) but if I
can get their e-mail addresses I'm sure I could drop them an e-mail and
just mention Linux & OpenSource and find out what sort of things they'd
find useful?

Rob