Re: [LUG] webcams

Mark wrote:
On Tuesday 10 Jan 2006 09:10, Steve Marvell wrote:

Anyone got positive experience of webcams on linux?

Steve

Sonix webcams, Chicony "TwinkleCams", Logitech Messengers....
All work OK for me.

Good results here with the Phillips 840 Toucam(?), but the 820's are a different chipset, and totally rubbish (doesn't work on XP reliably either).

It does decent resolution, reasonable speed, but I think the vendor was a pain over the compression algorithmn, so you might want to boycott them in favour of a vendor with more Linux clue.

Hmm reminds me, I never heard about the Camorama patches I sent in, but it is a handy little GNOME based webcam app, just dopn't expect all the filters to work yet ;-)