Re: [LUG] exim pop mysql and other animals

Simon Waters wrote:

> Where I've used maildir with dovecot in Debian stable, I've never seen
> one issue with mailboxes - it "just works" and keeps on working. Sure

Maildir is designed to cope with multiple reading, writing and
deleting without any kind of file locking. MBOX (and varients
such as MMDF) rely on working file locking and every application
which manipulates the file using the same locking mechanism.

> you don't want to convert to maildir?

There's a perl script which will do this...