Re: [LUG] Promoting GNU/Linux in 2006

Ben Goodger wrote:

> On 08/01/06, *Rob Beard* <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Sounds good.  If we do something, maybe we could order a shed load of
>
>     Ubuntu CD's and hand them out to every visitor?
>

> That's a good idea, but remember that they'll take up to a month to be
> shipped from Holland (after Shipit has interrogated us about why we
> want such a number), and by that time Dapper will most probably be so
> close it's no longer worth distributing Breezy any more.
>
> So we need to either hold the event ASAP or in April.

It took about 2 weeks to get about 50 CDs.  I ordered them just before
christmas and they arrived last week, just after the new year.

Other option is chipping in and buying a load of blank discs and burning
them ourselves but there is the cost of media involved (about £11 for
100 printable CD-R's from SVP) and then the time to burn the discs (say
about 4 or 5 minutes per CD?), not to mention the Ubuntu pre-pressed CDs
look more professional.

Rob