Re: [LUG] Promoting GNU/Linux in 2006

On 08/01/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sounds good.  If we do something, maybe we could order a shed load of
Ubuntu CD's and hand them out to every visitor?

That's a good idea, but remember that they'll take up to a month to be shipped from Holland (after Shipit has interrogated us about why we want such a number), and by that time Dapper will most probably be so close it's no longer worth distributing Breezy any more.

So we need to either hold the event ASAP or in April.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382