Re: [LUG] linux in schools

Michael Dodd wrote:

> So yes, Linux, namely the educational distributions such as Edubuntu
> and Puppy, could be effectively deployed in a Primary School
> environment where the infrastructure is small and initial downtime is
> not much of an issue. High School networks, on the other hand, are too
> far developed to make an overnight switch viable.

What is it the Chinese say about the man who says it is impossible
shouldn't interrupt the man trying to do it.

I take it you didn't make the meeting with Mark E's presentation in?

Mark is always moaning about the school insisting on SIMS as it is the
only thing they have requiring servers that don't run Linux. The
desktops aren't all liberated as far as I know, but the infrastructure
is all liberated and lovingly watched over by Nagios.