Re: [LUG] Palm Lifedrive & Linux

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 03:09:40PM +0000, Simon Robert wrote:
> I am attempting to connect a lifedrive to mandriva 2006

I also had problems using USB Palm peripherals (under RedHat).

1) check /dev/ttyUSB0 exists
   if not, create it using; mknod /dev/ttyUSB0 c 188 0
2) export PILOTPORT=/dev/ttyUSB0
3i ) modprobe uhci
 ii) modprobe usb-serial
4) pilot-xfer -l

Note that this is all from memory - I now use IRDA to sync.
You might also need to export PILOTRATE=57600 or 115200

N.B. You might get problems using either uhci or usb-uhci as the usb hub
driver. Why oh why are there two drivers? One works for my webcam and
the other for my flash drive, but not both!

Hope that gives some pointers,
Cheers,
John