Re: [LUG] Palm Lifedrive & Linux

Neil Williams wrote:

On Saturday 31 December 2005 3:09 pm, Simon Robert wrote:
I am attempting to connect a lifedrive to mandriva 2006. I have kpilot
installed and the palm is recognised when I connect it and the
/dev/pilot node created. Also I can use it in drive mode with no
problem. However when I try hotsync with kpilot it stops at %30 of the
update with a message about being unable to access system information.

pilot-link is in the midst of an overhaul for the much delayed 0.12 release. 0.11.8 is two years old. I can't see that Mandriva would have 0.12-pre1 or later, so it must be 0.11.8

Hi again

I uninstalled version 11 via rpm, built and installed 12pre4, (where is the cvs for pre5 I couldn't see a link on the project page?). kpilot acts in exactly the same way, although it does say it's using pilot-link 0.11 I'm asumming it isn't as it ain't there and pilot-xfer from command line says its 12pre4. Running pilot-xfer -l it listens for incomming on /dev/pilot and doesn't respond to a hot-sync. Any further ideas? And the lifedrive is on version 2 as I download it as an update to solve another problem.

Thanks