[LUG] Mounting remote filesystems - shfs

Just followed the Debian Administration article on setting up shfs.

Another one of those things I've had uses for, but didn't bother to
learn about, so didn't know when to use it.

Basically allows you to remotely mount filesystems, if the remote box is
running OpenSSH.

shfs requires a kernel module on the local system, but for
administrative stuff that isn't really an issue, since my desktop box
can happily be configured to have stray kernel modules, as long as I
only need "OpenSSH" on the remote boxes I'm very happy.

Anyone going to tell me the limits of shfs, and what to watch out for?

 Simon