From: owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Ray Smith
Sent: 22 December 2005 18:23
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [LUG] Suse 10 boot

Rob wrote:

Is there any reason you're installing grub & lilo on the boot sector of
hdb?

Usually they are installed on hda or sda.

Simply because I don't want to overwrite the existing mbr. I already
have a boot manager installed on another partition which resides on
fat98. (xosloader). This calls xp for the rest of my familly who refuse
to get to grips with gnu/linux, win98 for some obscure software I still
use occasionally and then whatever linuxversion I am using

Ray