[LUG] Re-directing in squid

Hi,
Ok I have recently set myself up a nice squid proxy for my whole house
to use. Now I thought to try and protect the doze machines I would stop
people from downloading *.exe and *.bat etc... But here will obviously
be some things that need to be downloaded on those machines that are exe
files. So I want to try and redirect them to a page that says all the
stuff about viruses and things like are you sure you want to download
this etc... So with squirm I knew I could redirect all files ending in
*.exe to a page e.g.. one saying are you sure you want to do this. Now I
am wondering how from this I can make it dynamically create a link to
the file that squid will not direct again to the 'are you sure' page. Ok
seems simple just have a script that the server wgets the file somewhere
in the /srv/www/htdocs dir then links to it. But there will most likely
not be enough space on my server for it to  be saved.
I'm sure there must be a way to make this work but I can't think of it.
Possibly squid checking that the last page the user looked at was the
'are you sure page' but I dunno.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Tom (the younger)