Re: [LUG] Linux Boot disk? Video Capture?

Simon Robert wrote:

> if you want to watch satellite TV I know that the skystar 2 by
> technisat works and mandriva detects it and installs the drivers. They
> also do a ordinary digital card I think. Also if you have your kernel
> source you could fire up the configuration software and take a look at
> the DVB options which lists all the drivers by company.
>
> Simon

One of the problems you might have with a Satelite card is being able to
receive Sky.  As far as I know they're pretty much tied into the Sky
Digibox.  My dad has a 3rd party satelite setup and isn't able to get
Sky.  He is however able to get French, German, Italian and Chinese
channels!

A DVB-T (Freeview) card would be good for picking up Freeview.  Of if
you want something for the likes of MythTV then I've heard the Hauppage
WinPVR 150 and 350 cards are pretty good.  The 350 even has TV out which
you can configure for displaying X!

Rob