Re: [LUG] Microsoft in Devon or Cornwall?

If this area is good enough for bill gates, then surlely it's good enough for Redhat, or Novell to invest in, perhaps we should approach them as a user group and invite them to consider this area for investment.

Intellegent workers,  he's right we prefer Linux and OSS to Windows

LOL

Time to beef up the momentum, Incedently why does MS need to ask for funding, they have more money than anyone else.

http://www.novell.com/offices/emea/uk/
I am just sending them an e-mail asking if they can consider investing in the area, and perhaps do it without RDA funding,
Paul

Tom Brough wrote:

Neil Williams wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4511664.stm

Weird - jobs being lost at Bookham and Nortel long gone, has BG finally lost the plot?

Can't figure this one out - it could be a free software opportunity IF the RDA do decide to fund technology businesses but they don't sound keen.

If I wasn't paranoid I would say that BG's been taping into the E-mails that Rob, Paul and I have been sending to each other over the subject of getting GNU/Linux into schools..... Oh wait I AM Paranoid :-)

Watch out BG is watching you !

Seriously though, hes worried about the kids getting GNU/Linux instead of Microsoft. You get the kids, you get the parents you get the grand-parents. Now is the time for us to act and ensure the RDA DONT pup dosh into Microsoft on with the impression that they are getting a good deal for the kids. We must be strong and put good arguments together for the alternatives.

As far as Im concerned it makes perfect sense to him.

Hes right about one thing though, good education foundation provides intellegent workers of the future. Let make it an education based on free software principals.

Tom.