Re: [LUG] Marketing Linux

On 02/12/05, John Horne <john.horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I ask what you like about Ubuntu and what you moved from? I use
> Fedora but will be looking at Ubuntu shortly for our grid computing
> since I gather it includes LTSP builtin and allows easy installation of
> additional packages onto the thin-client.

Hi John. I'm long time linux user (8 years plus). Tried everything ;)
There are two distros to consider. SuSe and Ubuntu. I used SuSe
for few months but finally I found it slow and too much dummy uder
friendly (for example when you want to change some things manually
yasf will overwrite your manual setup).

I use Ubuntu for 6+ months now at work and at home. Works great.
5.04 was really good. 5.10 has some bugs I don;t like.

What I love is ubuntu support both forums and IRC. I'm usually able
to resolve problems within few minutes. I think I will stick to ubuntu
forever. It's really user friendly and works great on server as well (special
installation mode [takes about 300mb drive space])

--
With Love,
Marcin

jid: martii<at>jabber.bnet.pl  uin: 2297222