Re: [LUG] Marketing Linux

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> I don't know about USP's but I am involved in a small factory in India where
> we have just cancelled our anti-virus, anti-firewall licenses, and
> instead just used a debian server with antivirus, firewall and a strict
> whitelist for contacting outside sites.

Whilst I think antivirus tools are a waste of time/money, better fix the
causes of the problem (although some do attempt to retrofit stack
protection and other features to Windows, and so do attempt to address
the problem).

If you are deploying with any sizable number of PCs running virus prone
operating systems and tools, you need to deploy protection at the
desktop level in some way (or isolate the PCs from each other in clever
ways).