Re: [LUG] Firefox 1.5 (nearly)

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 November 2005 8:29 pm, Simon Waters wrote:
>
>>How does this page look to people?
>

> Two-column, black and white familiar image, (didn't need to be made less plump
> though) - I'm with it over this side, you know!

More with it than me.

> (what's more, it's probably my work that's led to Simon (and Robin) having
> Debian experimental in their sources list!)

Nope, no experimental here.

> One downside is that the image doesn't half slow down the scrolling. Are you
> sure it's not being reduced or that there's not some way of reducing the
> amount of image data?

Probably too much details, can probably load it in Inkscape, and smooth
the paths a little, but hey it is just a proof of concept.

There is a lot of stuff on SVG on the Mozilla website, including this
example, where you have to make the colour of flower petals change with
the mouse pointer, using CSS (ahhh - how sweet). It seems straight
forward, but do remember it is XML, and XHTML (doh - stupid Simon).

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/CSS:Getting_Started:SVG_graphics

Interesting, some see CSS, SVG, and friends replacing Flash as an open
standard for images, and ultimately animations (of course Firefox has an
extension for animations using this technology already...).

>>Relax I don't do the webpage design at work.
>
> (Yes he does - well templating anyway.)

I make them work (well usually they work), someone else has the final
say on what they look like.