Re: Backing GNU to the hilt (was Re: [LUG] Waiting for keyboard input in a shell script)

On Sunday 27 November 2005 5:19 pm, David Bell wrote:
> On Sunday 27 Nov 2005 13:48, Neil Williams wrote:
> > If your card is not supported, rip it out and replace it.
>
> Idyllic Neil -
>
> I've chucked out M$ but blowed if I'm going to throw away my laptop as
> well, just because there's no free software for the modem :-)

Don't give up that easily, there could be a USB method or bluetooth or some
kind of PCMCIA solution. You could always buy a hardware modem and connect it
to the serial port. OK, it's one more thing to lug around and one more power
socket to find, but it solves the problem.

There's always an alternative. Just make sure it's free software.

--

Neil Williams