Re: [LUG] Waiting for keyboard input in a shell script

Well, I was VB developer for about 7 years, writing desktop apps, all
day, every day.. and while VB has its flaws, it's not bad for mocking
up GUI apps, quickly.

GUI apps have no real place on a server, that's true enough, but for
the desktop, yeah it really needs to be GUI, and usabilty for GUI apps
is really not all that hard, there are resources like the GNOME Human
Interface Guidelines, Apple publish something similar. I like GNOME,
but as soon as you stray outside of the stuff that comes bundled with
it, you start to see some inconsistent interfaces, and that's pretty
poor. Things like that will make it take longer to get the GNU OS onto
mainstream desktops.

matt