Re: [LUG] Waiting for keyboard input in a shell script

Rob Beard wrote:

> I've tried running the 'read' command and also the C program I wrote and
> they both work fine from the shell prompt.

They work fine from the shell prompt, but you haven't said how you are
running them that doesn't work fine as far as I can see?!

The problem will be where is standard input coming from, or occaisonally
something that depends on the INTERACTIVE environment variable....