Re: [LUG] Postgres authentication problem

On Tue, November 8, 2005 3:24 pm, Benjamin A'Lee said:
> I'm trying to set up Postgres to allow passwordless login to anyone
> logged into the server via ssh.

> How do I go about making it fall back to the md5 method if the ident
> method fails?  I'm assuming I've missed something really obvious, but I
> didn't find out anything useful from Google.

I use this setup:

local   all         all                                ident sameuser

host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   md5

all local connections using the unix socket use ident authentication; all
connections from 127.0.0.1 - over TCP - require a password.

for this to work I think the pg_connect statement must specify 127.0.0.1
and not localhost

--

Sean