Re: [LUG] Configure X.Org with

Mike Tidball wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get my NVidia card (5700) working in 3D in SUSE10.
YOU did not install the driver properly so I'm trying the driver from NVidia.

The instructions say

if SUSE does things in a non standard way then this will not work but to use an Nvidia driver all i usualy need to do is download the installer from nvidias website, log *out* of X, log in to a virtual terminal as root (or su to root) then execute the nvidia installer. (you may need a kernel source package installed) this automaticly builds the required nvidia.ko kernel module and adds the correct line to my xorg.conf (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) so the next time i boot in to X i get the nvidia splash screen and 3d works.

Robin