[LUG] Locking down Gnome on Debian 3.1

Hi folks,

I've been setting up Linux Terminal Server Project on my Debian 3.1 server. I have it all configured and booting (on a PC, and a Mac).

Now, I'm planning on letting the kids loose on their PCs which are LTSP terminals. I have setup Dans Guardian on my mail server, and it appears to be working.

When I login, I get the standard Gnome desktop along with loads of utilities and setup tools. Is there any way of locking things down so they only have certain things on the menus, i.e OOo, games, Firefox and Thunderbird?

I also noticed that at the moment they can disable the proxy server if they go into the settings, I remember a few years back there was a way of locking down Netscape in Windows, although I can't find much on Linux for Firefox and I wouldn't know where to start with the source code :-o

If anyone could help I'd be most grateful!

Rob