[LUG] Open source licensing etc..

Hi everyone,

I want to release one of my scripts as open source.

Basically its a php/javascript chatroom script - that
is firefox and internet explorer compatable.

It relies on feature that allows you to load
javascript in without refreshing the page. There are
plenty of scripts which use and iframe to load
javascript in. However, this will on IE cause a
audible refesh click (which is enoying).

 I could of used a server flushing technique - I
didn't because some servers don't allow flushing (i.e.
everything is buffered before being sent out), and
also lots of sites have a maximum php execution time.

(My script gets around these problems)

With these features I believe it to be a unique (there
is nothing like it on hotscripts.com) - and want to
make it opensource (something which I've never done).

I want to make sure its liscenced properly - i.e. I
don't want other companies adapting it without
contributing.

Anyone done it before?

Any tips?

Cheers